Sorry, not much folding lately; trying to get into college... Last week I decided to revisit my old attempts at asymmetry by revisiting the subject of a swordsman. I tried to not use boxpleating as much and really not make the asymmetry take over the design process for the model and compromise the aesthetics. Instead I tried to focus on the head and torso of the figure. I am unhappy with the length and style of the sword, but it will be reworked in the next version. I also need to get away from foil. This model was folded from 10" Japanese foil.
This model's production key was that the tail be long and that the monkey have fingers to grip a branch as monkeys usually do. Box-pleating allowed for both. The paper is divided into 32nds.